The CDC, Federal and State government officials have defined current procedures for Senior Housing as referenced at Whitehouse.gov, cdc.gov and Arkansas.gov. We are currently in Phase 2 of “Opening America Again.”
Some of these Guidelines are listed below:
ALL VULNERABLE INDIVIDUALS should continue to shelter in place. Members of households with vulnerable residents should be aware that by returning to work or other environments where distancing is not practical, they could carry the virus back home.Precautions should be taken to isolate from vulnerable residents.
All individuals, WHEN IN PUBLIC (e.g., parks, outdoor recreation areas, shopping areas), should maximize physical distance from others. Social settings of more than 50 people, where appropriate distancing may not be practical, should be avoided unless precautionary measures are observed.
Strongly consider SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS for personnel who are members of a VULNERABLE POPULATION.
VISITS TO SENIOR CARE FACILITIES AND HOSPITALS should be prohibited. Those who do interact with residents and patients must adhere to strict protocols regarding hygiene.
LARGE VENUES (e.g., sit down dining, movie theaters, sporting venues, places of worship) can operate under moderate physical distancing protocols.
Under these guidelines, Harding Place Administration continues to consider the current state of the Harding Place Community as well as White County and the surrounding area. We will also continue to be considerate of the social and emotional health of our residents and staff. We hope the following information will clarify how Harding Place will adhere to these guidelines.
- NO VISITORS except for medical personnel, caregivers, or essential family providing care & support.
- WEAR A MASK. All residents and staff have been issued a mask. All employees, caregivers, contractors, essential visitors and medical personnel are required to wear a mask in all common areas or in the presents of others when you are unable to observe a 12-foot social distance separation. We ask that all residents observe these protocols.
- AVOID GATHERINGS. If a resident has a fever, a cough or any respiratory illness, they must remain in their apartment except for medical treatment. Notify Sandy immediately of any new illnesses.
- If a resident has been diagnosed with a contagious illness, they must stay in their apartment or make arrangements with their family to stay elsewhere.
- If a resident or staff member becomes concerned with the possibility of exposure, please self-quarantine and contact Randy or Sandy immediately.
- All Harding Place activities will be modified to adhere to the guidelines. If residents choose to play games in small groups, we ask that they follow the guidelines as appropriate to minimize their risk.
- Stay connected with us on Facebook and Instagram. Residents may visit with family outside while maintaining social distancing. Residents are permitted to leave the building and we ask that you observe the guidelines listed above when doing so.
- The dining room is closed to sit-down dining. We are planning to open it to limited seating in the future.
- All meals are prepared “To Go” and residents may eat in their apartment or common areas with limited seating.
- All food is prepared and delivered “contactless”.
- If you have a fever, cough, or respiratory illness, DO NOT come to the dining room. Call the office and we will deliver meals.
- Meal choices are limited at this time. Some requests may not be available.
- We will provide medical transportation only.
- If a resident is sick and needs transportation for medical treatment, they must call the office to schedule transportation prior to coming to the lobby.
- Family members/friends may drop off supplies at the front door in the containers provided and Harding Place staff will deliver them.
- If a resident needs help ordering supplies from Walmart or prescriptions from the pharmacy, because a family member cannot, they should call the office for assistance.
- We ask that all residents(who are able) vacate their apartments during cleaning times to allow our housekeepers to complete the process and exit the apartment as quickly as possible. Every apartment must be cleaned weekly. If residents request to be skipped one week, their apartment will be cleaned the following week.
Our world has changed, and we are all adjusting to our new normal. Thank you for your continued support as we work to keep you safe. We have been extremely blessed and we ask that you continue to pray for protection and good health for all.
Please call Randy at 501-230-1437 if you have any questions.